Scheduling & Pricing
A few key scheduling guidelines:
- Convenient online scheduling available. For those who wish to schedule by phone, staff are available to assist you in your scheduling needs.
- If you do not see an appointment time that you need, please call us so that we may find an appointment that works best for you.
- All medical, surgical and cosmetic dermatology office visits must be paid at the time of service.
- All new cosmetic patients require a consultation (20 minute visit). Procedures may be performed the same day as time allows. If you plan to have any treatments done the same day as your consultation, please advise us so that we may schedule the appropriate amount of time to meet your needs.
- Some larger appointments (cosmetic/surgical procedures) may require a deposit to reserve your appointment, however, you will be notified this at the time of booking.
- The credit card stored in our secure processing system at the time of scheduling these appointments online will only be charged for no-shows and deposits.
- Your office visit fee will be charged in the office at the time of your appointment.
- Health savings (HSA) and flex spending accounts (FSA) can be used for non-cosmetic services.
- Some insurance companies may require a coded receipt as proof of services. See Financial Policy for more details.
- We accept cash, debit cards, Health Savings Account cards (HSA), Flex Spending Account cards (FSA), Visa, Mastercard and Discover. We do not accept checks at this time.
NOTE: Due to government regulations, patients with Medicaid, Medicare, Medicare Supplements, Tricare or other government insurance programs can be seen for medical services but cannot be reimbursed by their insurance for services rendered at Kittridge Dermatology.
Good Faith Estimate
You have the right to receive a “Good Faith Estimate” explaining how much your medical care will cost.
Under the law, health care providers need to give patients who don’t have insurance or who are not using insurance an estimate of the bill for medical items and services.
- You have the right to receive a Good Faith Estimate for the total expected cost of any non-emergency items or services. This includes related costs like medical tests, prescription drugs, equipment, and hospital fees.
- Make sure your health care provider gives you a Good Faith Estimate in writing at least 1 business day before your medical service or item. You can also ask your health care provider, and any other provider you choose, for a Good Faith
- Estimate before you schedule an item or service.
- If you receive a bill that is at least $400 more than your Good Faith Estimate, you can dispute the bill.
Make sure to save a copy or picture of your Good Faith Estimate.
For questions or more information about your right to a Good Faith Estimate, visit www.cms.gov/nosurprises or call 877-696-6775.
General Dermatology Office Visits
Pathology fee not included in pricing (see discounted cash-pay pathology fee below OR you may elect to use your insurance for pathology).
Fee schedule updated March 26, 2022 and will go into effect on May 1, 2022:
|Time (minutes)||Office Visit Price ($)||Surgical Visit Price ($)|
|– See guide below on how to estimate the amount of time needed to address your concerns
– Most visits are between 20-30 minutes
– Please call the office with any questions!
|– Any office visit that requires an exam
– 20 minute minimum for single minor procedure
– Pricing does NOT include procedure or pathology fees (see pricing below)
|– Any procedure that requires extensive suture (stitches) and/or sterile technique ex. destruction of skin cancers or excisions of benign or malignant lesions
– Very few procedures would take more than 60 minutes. If a longer visit is needed the cost will be discussed prior to scheduling
Examples of How to Schedule the Appropriate Amount of Time for Your Visit
10 Minute Visit: This is generally for FOLLOW UP PATIENTS ONLY with ONE simple issue where procedures are NOT required.
- Follow up on one mole that is being monitored
- Stable acne or eczema follow up for refills only
- Follow up for treatment of warts with cryotherapy
- Accutane follow up
20 Minute Visit: This is the MINIMUM time required for a biopsy/removal of a SINGLE lesion.
- Biopsy of a single lesion
- One new localized rash
- New acne patient
- Upper body skin exam
- Cosmetic consultation
30 Minute Visit: This is the MINIMUM appointment type required for new or established patient for full skin exam.
- Full, comprehensive skin exam
- Patients with diagnosis requiring extensive medication monitoring/counseling
- Visits requiring more than 2 biopsies/minor procedures
- Hair loss consultation
40 Minute Visit:
- Patients with multiple problems requiring counseling/monitoring
- Patients with extensive skin cancer history and/or those requiring use of imaging for monitoring
- Those needing or desiring multiple biopsies/removals
50-60 Minute Visits: Very few patients would require this amount of time, but it is available if desired
We will inform you beforehand if extra fees are involved. These include:
|$50/1st minor procedure
$30/each subsequent minor procedure
|Minor procedure without suture (price/ONE of the following procedures):
*pathology fee not included (see below)
|$90/procedure||Minor procedure requiring suture (price/ONE of the following procedures):
** suture removal visit included in fee
**pathology fee not included (see below)
|$70||Pathology cash pay fee (by request, pathology may be submitted through patient’s insurance)|
|$25||FMLA and other similar forms|
|$0-10/receipt||Medical coding fees.
There is no coding fee if a superbill is requested at the time of the visit. If a request is submitted for past visits, then a small fee of 10$/receipt will be charged.
|$25||Medication prior authorization
Kittridge Dermatology dispenses some medications in the office. If you require a prescription medication that we do not offer, or if you choose to utilize your private insurance to obtain your medications, we will provide you with a prescription to take to your pharmacy. If your insurance requires a prior authorization (PA) we will offer a compounded or generic alternative. In the event that this is not desired, then there will be an additional fee to submit a PA on your behalf.