Scheduling & Pricing
A few key scheduling guidelines:
- Convenient online scheduling available. For those who wish to schedule by phone, staff are available to assist you in your scheduling needs.
- If you do not see an appointment time that you need, please call us so that we may find an appointment that works best for you.
- All medical, surgical and cosmetic dermatology office visits must be paid at the time of service.
- All new cosmetic patients require a consultation (30 minute visit). Procedures may be performed the same day as time allows. If you plan to have any treatments done the same day as your consultation, please advise us so that we may schedule the appropriate amount of time to meet your needs.
- Some larger appointments (cosmetic/surgical procedures) may require a deposit to reserve your appointment, however, you will be notified this at the time of booking.
- The credit card stored in our secure processing system at the time of scheduling these appointments online will only be charged for no-shows and deposits.
- Your office visit fee will be charged in the office at the time of your appointment.
- Health savings (HSA) and flex spending accounts (FSA) can be used for non-cosmetic services.
- Some insurance companies may require a coded receipt as proof of services. See Financial Policy for more details.
- We accept cash, debit cards, Health Savings Account cards (HSA), Flex Spending Account cards (FSA), Visa, Mastercard and Discover. We do not accept checks at this time.
- NOTE: Due to government regulations, patients with Medicaid, Medicare, Medicare Supplements, Tricare or other government insurance programs can be seen for medical services but cannot be reimbursed by their insurance for services rendered at Kittridge Dermatology.
General Dermatology Office Visits
Pathology fee not included in pricing (see discounted cash-pay pathology fee below OR you may elect to use your insurance for pathology).
Fee schedule updated August 29, 2019 and will go into effect on October 1, 2019:
|Time (minutes)||Non-procedure Visit Price ($)||Procedural Visit Price ($)||Surgical Visit Price ($)|
|Up to 10 mins||$75||—||$195|
|– See guide below on how to estimate the amount of time needed to address your concerns
– Please call the office with any questions!
|– Any office visit that requires an exam
– Fee includes freezing of up to 5 lesions
– Most visits are between 20-30 minutes
|– Any office visit that includes a shave biopsy, skin tag removal, shave removal of a mole which does not require suture but does requires local anesthetic
– 20 minute minimum for single skin biopsy
– Most visits are between 20-30 minutes
|– Any procedure that requires suture (stitches) and/or sterile technique ex. Punch biopsy and excisions
– Very few procedures would take more than 60 minutes. If a longer visit is needed the cost will be discussed prior to scheduling
Examples of How to Schedule the Appropriate Amount of Time for Your Visit
10 Minute Visit: This is generally for FOLLOW UP PATIENTS ONLY with ONE simple issue where procedures are NOT required.
- Follow up on one mole that is being monitored
- Stable acne or eczema follow up for refills only
- Follow up for treatment of warts with cryotherapy
- Subcutaneous medication delivery by Medical Assistant ie. biologic injections
11-20 Minute Visit: This is the MINIMUM time required for a biopsy/removal of a SINGLE lesion.
- Biopsy of a single lesion
- One new localized rash
- New acne patient
- Upper body skin exam
21-30 Minute Visit: This is the MINIMUM appointment type required for new or established patient for full skin exam.
- Full, comprehensive skin exam
- Patients with diagnosis requiring extensive medication monitoring/counseling
- Hair loss consultation
- Cosmetic consultations
31-40 Minute Visit:
- Patients with multiple problems requiring counseling/monitoring
- Patients with extensive skin cancer history and/or those requiring use of imaging for monitoring
- Those needing or desiring multiple biopsies/removals
41-50 AND 51-60 Minute Visits: Very few patients would require this amount of time, but it is available if desired by patient.
Occasionally, there may be an additional fee for staff time, administrative work, or extra tasks that are done on your behalf. We will inform you beforehand if extra fees are involved. These include:
|$70||Pathology cash pay fee (by request, pathology may be submitted through patient’s insurance)|
|$25||FMLA and other similar forms|
|$5||Medical coding fees|
|$25||Medication prior authorization
Kittridge Dermatology dispenses some medications in the office. If you require a prescription medication that we do not offer, or if you choose to utilize your private insurance to obtain your medications, we will provide you with a prescription to take to your pharmacy. If your insurance requires a prior authorization (PA) we will offer a compounded or generic alternative. In the event that this is not desired, then there will be an additional fee to submit a PA on your behalf.
|$15||Some medications that are injected or delivered in-office are expensive and may carry an additional fee. Examples of this would be candida injections for warts or intralesional or intramuscular steroid injections.|