In accordance with the Pennsylvania’s reopening strategy, our office will reopen for in-office visits as of May 18, 2020. As per usual the safety of our patients and staff remain our top priority. Therefore, we are taking extra precautions in the office to avoid the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Some of the safety measures that we have implemented are below:
- All patients will be required to have and wear their own mask when entering our office. For those who do not have a mask or forget their mask, there will be cloth masks available for purchase at the office. Patients will be asked to reschedule if they decline wearing a mask for the visit.
- All Kittridge Dermatology Staff will be required to wear masks and in certain cases gowns, gloves and protective eyewear. Additionally, no staff will be allowed to report to work if any symptoms of illness arise.
- We ask that patients come without a companion whenever possible. If a companion must drive, please have the companion wait in the car during the appointment. Exceptions will be made for minors and others on a case-by-case basis.
- All surfaces will be wiped down between patients and at the beginning and end of each day using appropriate sanitation methods to kill the virus.
- All patients will be pre-screened over the phone for COVID-19 symptoms or potential exposure risks prior to their appointment.
- Any patient who is feeling ill with fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, or other symptoms, to call to reschedule their appointment.
- In order to maintain social distancing guidelines, only one person will be in the waiting room at any given time and patients will be roomed immediately upon entering the office.
- In the situation where more than one person is in the waiting room, we may request that patients safely wait in their vehicles until their appointment time or until notified that it is okay to enter the office.
- Magazines, coffee station and other non-essential items will be removed from the common areas for now.
- We will continue to offer and recommend TeleDermatology appointments for many skin issues and for those who are not comfortable with in-office visits yet. Please call 412-347-0947 or email email@example.com to schedule a TeleDermatology appointment. Limited appointment times will also be available to schedule online at your convenience via our traditional online scheduling application.
- We will have new office hours as of May 18, 2020 so please check out our new hours on our website.
We appreciate your cooperation in navigating this new environment and look forward to seeing you soon!
Dr. Kittridge and The Kittridge Dermatology Team